Thursday, January 16, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Road Trip Pt. 2

My first day in Washington I decided to drive around the whole Olympic Peninsula.  My first stop was to see the coast.




After spending an hour at the beach I drove to Forks, Washington.  Yes, I love Twilight.  

They had Bella's car in the welcome center. 
I only drove through Forks, but I did drive by a couple places from the original Twilight movie. 

After I went to Forks I drove through the Olympic National Forest and stumbled upon a waterfall with my name! 


Here are a couple pictures from Olympic National Park.


The next day I went on a 5 mile hike in the Olympic National Forest. 







After spending two days in Olympic National Forest, it was time to go to Seattle!  Riding a ferry in Washington was a really cool experience! 




I made a stop to see Christian Grey.  


I came across a gallery for Sea Shepherd.  It is their only gallery in the world and I spent an hour talking to the owner of the gallery.  I really stand behind everything Sea Shepherd does and I learned a great deal from the owner.  

I went to the top of the Space Needle!  It was so high off the ground that you can see everything!


I fell in love with Seattle.  

The day before I had to head back home I drove 3 hours to get to a ferry to take me to San Juan Island.  There is a beach on San Juan Island that is known for killer whales hanging out right by the shore. I went in the hopes of seeing some.  Unfortunately, I did not.  





I did however see these guys.


Ever since I left Washington I can't stop thinking about it.  I know it is where I belong.  I officially left my heart in Washington. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment